Salt Creek Greenway Association

The Salt Creek Greenway

Purpose and Partners

Places to Visit

Gallery

Greenway Trails

Contact

Special Greenway Projects
Faith Fellowship Church



Built in 1881, the Faith Fellowship Church has been continuously used for worship services since those early days. The church was originally known as St. John's Evangelical, and German was the only language used for services until the late l920's. Five acres were purchased at the rear of the church in 1879 for cemetery purposes. The cemetery is still used to the present day. Old gravestones pay tribute to the first German settlers and founding fathers of the area. The cemetery, located on land graced with magnificent stands of oaks and hickories, offers a hilly overlook of the Church below and a poignant reflection of nearly a century and a half of history and the names of those who lived and worshipped here.

For additional information about Faith Fellowship Church, visit its Web site at www.churchfaithfellowship.org/

Photo credit: Faith Fellowship Church